You’re Going to Go Nuts Over These Peanut Butter Granola Bars!
Granola bars are a snacker-on-the-go’s dream come true. A deliciously healthy snack (depending on what’s in it, of course! M&Ms are, unfortunately, not considered healthy), granola bars are a must have in every pantry! They are a great replacement for sugary snacks that kids tend to gravitate to and make for a great way to sneak some fruit into your child’s snack.
These savory home made Peanut Butter Granola Bars are a smash hit with the family and make for a great pick-me-up during the day.
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 2 TBSP your favorite seeds (chia seeds, sunflower seeds, flaxseed, etc.)
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey or brown rice syrup
- any other fun ingredients! chocolate chips, dried fruit, coconut…
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Chop the peanuts and melt the peanut butter to a soft consistency.
- First, the dry ingredients! Combine the oats, chopped peanuts and any seeds or fun bonus ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the honey or brown rice syrup into the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Once everything is nice and evenly mixed, add the melted peanut butter and mix the ingredients until the dough is moistened. You’re going to have to get your hands in there so roll up those sleeves!
- Evenly press the dough in a greased or nonstick pan. For a 9″ x 13″ pan, bake for 25 minutes.
- If the dough is too dry, simply add more peanut butter, honey of brown rice syrup 1 TBSP at a time until it is well moistened.
- It’s easy to make these as no-bake granola bars! Instead of baking, press the dough into the pan and refrigerate for 60 minutes.
Try ’em out and let us know what you think!